Saturday, June 14, 2014

Help! I'm tacoed out!!

What do I do while James takes his morning nap?  I food prep!  And what am I making?  Jordan's favorite, either enchiladas or burritos and I freeze them for dinner and lunches.  If we aren't having enchiladas, we are usually eating some sort of Mexican dish.  Occasionally I will ask Jordan what he wants for dinner, and his response is alway "tacos".  To say I'm getting tired of tacos is an understatement or any Mexican dish in general!   I have definitely perfected my tacos.  If anyone has any yummy, YET simple dinner recipes they would like to share, I'm all for it!!  I try Pinterest recipes every once in a while, but sometimes they get a little time consuming, and running around the grocery store for 1,000 ingredients isn't ideal with a baby in your cart!

I am also perfecting my salsa recipe.  Here it is if you are interested:

3 cans of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes (16 ounces)-I usually get "no salt added"
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1/2 white onion
2 limes (or I get lime juice, cheaper & laster longer)
10 slices of jalapeno peppers (I use the jar kind-cheaper & last longer)  
2 cloves of garlic
Salsa packet (but I sometimes I don't include this because it has too much sodium, and just do a dash of garlic salt)

Sometimes I do without garlic if I don't have it.  This recipe is pretty good!  The first time I made salsa, one of Jordan's brother's said it tasted like "Oniony ketchup", so I have came a long way :)


I made up another recipe that several people have asked me about.  It's really simple.  Here it is:

1 can of corn (low sodium)
1/2 white onion
1/4 bunch of cilantro

It's kind of like a salsa but with no tomatoes!

Please post any recipes you would like to share, so I don't go crazy with Jordan's taco obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment