Monday, June 15, 2015
If you are looking for a healthy recipe, this is probably not it! But it is so amazing & yummy!
Well, I pretty much get stuck in a rut when it comes to recipes & cooking. A while back I blogged about being "tacoed out" and guess what? Not a lot has changed. I have tried many of the recipes everyone has sent-so thank you very much for that. However, I still make a lot of tacos because they are just so easy!
Anyway, back to this amazing chicken recipe. My friend, Maggie, gave it to me and I will be sure to list the ingredients/directions below! Can I just say that I am very intimidated by baking chicken? I always undercook or overcook it. So, Maggie gave me a little short cut if you're like me & scared to bake chicken. (We do eat chicken by the way, but typically Jordan grills it.)
- Boil the chicken & then reduce to simmer (for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink). My shortcut: Buy a rotisserie chicken and use that instead :) Shred the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the butter, crackers & poppy seeds in a bowl.
- Blend the sour cream & cream of chicken soup in a separate bowl with the shredded chicken, but save half of the soup to put in the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Then place the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle with cheese, then put the ritz mixture on top of the cheese. (I left out the cheese).
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted or sauce is bubbly. (20-30 minutes).
- ALL DONE
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (or a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) of sour cream
- 1 (10.75) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I left out the cheese)
Jordan LOVED this meal and said to save it! He loved the rolls and salad that I served it with too.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
A few days after James turned one he started walking. Now, he is officially running! He surprises us with new words every day. He says "tank too", "bye, bye", "uh oh", "ball", "dog", "woof", "mama" and "daddy". He's such a little daddy's boy. I'm chopped liver when Jordan is around, but it is the sweetest thing to see him playing and interacting with Jordan.
James has such a fun personality. He definitely isn't shy. Usually, he will go up to people and start talking gibberish--he's quite the little talker. And he's not afraid to grab stuff from people either. When we were at church a few weeks ago, I was talking with this lady and before I knew it, he grabbed the cookie out of her hand and shoved it in his mouth real fast. Not really sure why, but he loves brooms, canes, & vacuums. I hope that means he will help around the house, but I'm not counting on it. He is now giving kisses & hugs, which is so sweet.
We went to the doc for his 15 month check up and he is still in the 95% for weight and 98% for height (33.5 inches). The doc said he looks like a perfect little 15 month old! I'm so grateful for a healthy little boy.
We love you so much sweet boy. You have no idea how much you have changed our lives, for the good. We pray for you non stop, and hope that you will surrender your life to Jesus at a young age.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Well for those who don't know, we added a pool to our house last summer. The process began in June and lasted for 8 weeks. Then it took a couple extra weeks to finish landscaping and getting patio furniture. The process was a little overwhelming to me because I knew nothing about pools or any of the terminology. Kool Deck? What the heck is that? Coping edge-yeah, not sure what that is either. But now, I now I know what those are :) I probably annoyed the heck out of the employees because I'm a perfectionist and wanted to love it! But Pamlico Pool in Milledgeville, Ga did a GREAT job and I give them props for putting up with me!
Here are a few things about our pool if anyone is interested in the details:
1. The width is 16 feet and the length is 36 feet.
2. It's a gunite pool.
3. We have an automatic cover for safety reasons (since we had a 4 month old when we started building it).
4. The coping edge (which is basically around the perimeter of the pool) is travertine.
5. We got kool deck instead of plain concrete or even acid stained concrete because concrete is unbearable to stand or walk during the summer.
6. The pebble tec comes in various colors, and we chose Caribbean Blue.
7. We have a retaining wall because our backyard is sloped.
8. That area next to the spa is the tanning ledge. Our one year old LOVES to play in it. It's perfect for kids!
Enjoy the pictures!
Friday, March 13, 2015
James can't get enough of being outside. Since the weather has been nice the past week, we have been out there everyday, and he never gets sick of it. Gosh, I love this boy. Here are a few photos from the past week! It's hard to get any of him looking at me because he is so preoccupied with playing!
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
My baby is one! It's been a super fun year! And it's definitely been a learning curve being a parent.
Not a lot has changed has changed since I wrote my last post. James is still his crazy old self. He still loves to tear apart our pantry when he gets a chance, and sneak in the bathrooms and go wild with the toilet paper. He is 25 1/2 pounds and 32 inches long (99% percentile for height) and has 2 new teeth--the top 2. He's taking several steps but not fully walking...loves to clap and snuggle with his teddy bear. He is still taking 2 naps a day, but I have a feeling we will cut it down to 1 soon! Oh and he still loves to read books. The teacher in me eats that up!
We had a great turn out for his first birthday and I can kick myself for not taking one picture. I wanted to document it, but I dropped the ball on that one..maybe next year!
We LOVE you so so so much James. We pray that you will use your energetic personality to serve the Lord. Just know, that we pray for you on a daily basis.
Love, Mommy & Daddy
Here are some of my faves from the past month: