If you are looking for a healthy recipe, this is probably not it! But it is so amazing & yummy!
Well, I pretty much get stuck in a rut when it comes to recipes & cooking. A while back I blogged about being "tacoed out" and guess what? Not a lot has changed. I have tried many of the recipes everyone has sent-so thank you very much for that. However, I still make a lot of tacos because they are just so easy!
Anyway, back to this amazing chicken recipe. My friend, Maggie, gave it to me and I will be sure to list the ingredients/directions below! Can I just say that I am very intimidated by baking chicken? I always undercook or overcook it. So, Maggie gave me a little short cut if you're like me & scared to bake chicken. (We do eat chicken by the way, but typically Jordan grills it.)
- Boil the chicken & then reduce to simmer (for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink). My shortcut: Buy a rotisserie chicken and use that instead :) Shred the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the butter, crackers & poppy seeds in a bowl.
- Blend the sour cream & cream of chicken soup in a separate bowl with the shredded chicken, but save half of the soup to put in the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Then place the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle with cheese, then put the ritz mixture on top of the cheese. (I left out the cheese).
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted or sauce is bubbly. (20-30 minutes).
- ALL DONE
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (or a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) of sour cream
- 1 (10.75) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I left out the cheese)
Jordan LOVED this meal and said to save it! He loved the rolls and salad that I served it with too.