Thursday, July 9, 2015

THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.  In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.  After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church—  for we are members of his body.  “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Ephesians 5:25-33

As I'm writing this, I'm still kind of shocked that it has been 3 years since Jordan and I got married.  I know we are rookies compared to other couples, but it seems like just yesterday I walked down the isle.  
When I was single, I remember have many doubts that I was too picky or never going to get married.  People would even question me and ask, "Do you think maybe you have too high of standards for your future husband?"  I don't think they were trying to be cynical but just looking after me.   For the most part, I would let it go in one ear and out the other, but occasionally doubt would creep in.  Was I too picky?  And boy, am I glad I waited.  I married thee most serving, godly, funny man.  I was't really expecting him to be 2,200 miles from where I was born and raised, but he was definitely worth the move & the wait.  Not to mention, I married into an awesome family.  That wasn't a requirement I had for a future husband, but it has definitely been a bonus.  
I have been reading this blog by Kara Tippetts called Mundane Faithfulness. Basically she steals the words from my mouth regarding Jordan.  
I will be very clear: he’s not perfect, but he’s humble in his imperfection.
-Kara Tippetts
That's just a small insert of her post, but I can relate to her whole post regarding her husband Jason.  Jordan is a man who has taken Ephesians 5 seriously and leads our family well.  Seeing him be a father to our precious son these past 16 months have caused me to love him even more.  I knew before we got married that he would be a great husband and father, but he has far exceeded my expectations.  He wakes up with James in the middle of the night; he changes his diapers without me asking; he comes home from a long day at work and wrestles with James; he reads aloud Bible stories to James.  I try not to take all that he does for our family for granted.  These past three years have been far from perfect, but has been the best years of my life.  I look forward to many more.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment