Well for those who don't know, we added a pool to our house last summer. The process began in June and lasted for 8 weeks. Then it took a couple extra weeks to finish landscaping and getting patio furniture. The process was a little overwhelming to me because I knew nothing about pools or any of the terminology. Kool Deck? What the heck is that? Coping edge-yeah, not sure what that is either. But now, I now I know what those are :) I probably annoyed the heck out of the employees because I'm a perfectionist and wanted to love it! But Pamlico Pool in Milledgeville, Ga did a GREAT job and I give them props for putting up with me!
Here are a few things about our pool if anyone is interested in the details:
1. The width is 16 feet and the length is 36 feet.
2. It's a gunite pool.
3. We have an automatic cover for safety reasons (since we had a 4 month old when we started building it).
4. The coping edge (which is basically around the perimeter of the pool) is travertine.
5. We got kool deck instead of plain concrete or even acid stained concrete because concrete is unbearable to stand or walk during the summer.
6. The pebble tec comes in various colors, and we chose Caribbean Blue.
7. We have a retaining wall because our backyard is sloped.
8. That area next to the spa is the tanning ledge. Our one year old LOVES to play in it. It's perfect for kids!
Enjoy the pictures!