I've been called an "old soul" before and I used to think "Wow! I'm mature." Wrong. I realized it's because I have old lady tendencies. I am an eighty year old trapped in a twenty six year old's body. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I have more elderly habits than I realized.
1. I go to bed early. Clarification: I don't go to bed at 8 PM. I know people like to exaggerate it a little bit, but usually around 9 or 10 PM. Occasionally I can stay up to 11 and every once in a blue moon I can stay up until midnight, but then I start getting delirious.
2. I have the worst memory. This is no exaggeration. True story: one time I was watching tv with my roommates & this movie preview came on. I said, "I want to see that!" They all looked at me with puzzled looks and replied, "You know we saw that in the movie theater recently, right?" Gosh, I'm an idiot. I can remember numbers like no bodies business, but cannot remember names, places, movies, music artists, events that occurred, etc.
3. Bad hearing. I blame my mom for this one. I think it's genetic. That lady can't hear for her life.
4. I have an 80 year old bladder. Long road trips often requires frequent stops for this Wood family.
5. Aches & pains. I wish I could blame that on pregnancy & carrying around a huge baby all the time, but I am pretty sure my back and stomach hurt before James ever existed.
6. I drive slow. I am not sure what it is. When I lived in Los Angeles I was a speed demon, but since I moved to Georgia, I started driving slow. I guess that's my way of coping with the slow pace of life here.
7. I walk slow. I am not sure where I got this, my whole family walks fast. Jordan said that when we were dating, I walked so slow and when I would talk while walking, it slowed me down even more. Yikes!
I wish I could say I talked slow and ate slow, but I talk 100 mph & same with eating.
I just need to face it, by 35 I'll probably be wearing a hearing aid along with a diaper and diagnosed with dementia. Poor Jordan.