Monday, August 25, 2014

SUNDAY PROJECT

On Saturday I had this brilliant idea to paint & stain our kitchen table.  It needed a little makeover.  After we got home from church, I asked Jordan if he could help me carry the table to the garage.  And I got that look like here she goes again.  But I actually surprised myself and did it without his help.  I did get a little impatient during the process, but thankfully I'm going for the shabby chic/vintage look so you can't tell, ha!

Here is the process:
1. I sanded the table
 2. Then I painted it
 3. Then I rubbed the stain with the grains of the table
 4. Then I stained the chairs
 5. Then I added a little table jewelry (It's still in my garage because the smell was pretty strong and I didn't want James inhaling it)

The best part was that it was free!  We had the paint & stain already..


You can find more painting & staining tips from home talk.  Here is the website:
http://www.hometalk.com/b/3018692/painting-staining


1 comment: